Recipe: Easy Coconut Macaroons
This recipe is great if you lack time. You can already enjoy your warm coconut macaroon within half an hour!
Sometimes, I like my macaroons with a coat of chocolate, so I added this as an option as well.
Ingredients (30 small coconut macaroons)
- Egg whites of 3 eggs
- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 150 grams of sugar
- OPTIONAL: 185 grams chocolade (I choose dark chocolate, but feel free to use milk chocolate if you like that better)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Wisk the egg whites until stiff
- Mix the coconut and sugar together in a bowl
- Carefully stir the egg whites in with the mixture
- Use two teaspoons or wet hands to form balls and place them on a baking sheet covered with a silpat or parchment
- Cool and serve!
- OPTIONAL: Give the macaroons a chocolate coating: Melt the chocolate au bain-marie.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the chocolate and place them in the fridge. They are ready to be eaten once the chocolate is solid.